Friday, March 7, 2008

Concert

So tonight I took the night off from work to go with my wife down to Provo. We asked someone in our ward to watch Silas and Gid. Almost a year ago, Nona did a trade with a local musician. She wanted to be able to use his music on her site, in exchange she would give him a free portrait session. Well, he ended up using those pictures for his latest album. Tonight was the CD release party, and he gave us free tickets and a free copy of the CD. The musician is Benton Paul. If you haven't heard of him, I would suggest you look him up. He is on myspace, facebook, and has his own site as well.

I had a lot of fun. The music was really great. Yesterday, Benton's manager asked Nona if she would take some photos of the concert. She was a bit apprehensive at first, but had a good time with it in the end. Also, looking at the images so far, I think she did a really good job.


The opening act was John Allred. I was impressed and ended up buying his CD after the show.

So now I have even more good music to listen to. The past week has been really good for my ears.

:0)

1 comment:

Kim Siever said...

Thanks for the link to his music. He's good.